Val has 2 cousins down and while they've both travelled to Seoul and found their own experiences during the day, at night we've been busy with them trying different Korean delicacies that we haven't had the nerve to try yet!
That's why I'm dedicating this blog to Uncle John, someone who will appreciate the fact that I'm embracing the food that is distinct to this culture.
Basically, I ate dog. Disclaimer:This blog may not be for all readers, especially for those with a love for dogs.

Here's Katy acting out the dogs last moments.
For those of you that are grossed out, don't read or look at the pictures.
Otherwise, I'll tell you what it tasted like. For me, I thought the dog tasted like roast beef, but a bit stringier. At one point I had a 'thread' of dog meat stuck in my teeth. It was also a little fatty I found.
Koreans don't eat dog regularly. It's a delicacy and they mostly have dog in a kind of stew/soup thing. This is also how we ate it.



I also had the opportunity to try duck on pumpkin earlier in the week with some other teachers.

The final food adventure was last night. We went out for Octopus!!
We saw the ladies take it out of the tank and right into our pot. They squirmed in front of us at the table until slowly the burner (like a propane cooker that is on each table, a normal way of eating here in Korea)worked it's power and the tenticles moved slower and slower and then moved no more.
It was so crazy!!


2 comments:
WOW I can't believe you did/ate that! How brave of you.
Love Mom & Dad
I think you should have written Uncle John to tell him about this and kept us out of the info. yuck.:-)
love aunt annette
Post a Comment